In gratitude for your service to our nation, every year since 2011-12 and again for 2017-18, UIW is a Yellow Ribbon School for the eligible 100% Post 9-11 students and may fund the tuition and fee expenses that exceed the VA national annual maximum allotted to private institutions.
The Yellow Ribbon Program allows private schools to enter into an agreement with the VA to fund the tuition and fee costs that exceeds the yearly national cap for students enrolled in private institutions (after August 1, 2016). The Yellow Ribbon Program is utilized in conjunction with student's Post 9-11 GI Bill and funds are paid directly to the school when the enrollment certification is processed. UIW will match the 50% VA contribution and fund 50% of the remaining unmet tuition & fee charges for all eligible students.
• Must be using Chapter 33 Post 9-11 Benefits at 100% eligibility
• Must have remaining time/months of benefits. Yellow Ribbon does NOT cover tuition/fees if benefits are exhausted/expired.
• Registered for Spring/Summer and total yearly tuition cost
• NOT a Fry Scholarship Beneficiary
• NOT Active Duty personnel or spouse of active duty sponsor
1. Provide a current Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or eBenefits enrollment page
2. Complete the current UIW VA Yellow Ribbon Program Application
**Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted
For additional information about the Post 9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program, please see the
GI Bill website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/yellow_ribbon.asp
We are pleased to announce UIW’s 2017-18 Yellow Ribbon Program is now open!
The Veterans office will be closing the following Fridays at Noon: July 6, 13, 20, & 27
Send documentation or questions to email@example.com